Anatomy is officially over and we've already moved on to Cell block. I can hardly believe that I have been in med school for over ten weeks already! While certain aspects of anatomy were fun and interesting, I was more than ready to move on. I'm excited to be in cell block now because I feel as though I have a pretty good base of knowledge about the cell that puts me at a bit of a head start. I took several related classes in college (Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, etc) and those gave me a solid foundation in a lot of the topics we're starting to cover.
Here's a quick summary of my first ten weeks of med school: the anatomy block.
67 Lectures for 94 Hours
20 Dissections for 60 Hours Hanging Out with Emelia
24 Clinical Correlation Scenario Assignments
Over 1000 Pages of Reading to Memorize
5 Textbooks
[Ridiculous Number] Hours Studying
10 Hours Spent Volunteering/Shadowing
32 Meetings
24 Free Meals
3 Exams in 6 Parts (2 Parts Each) with 375 Total Questions
Seems even crazier typed out that way!
I definitely won't miss anatomy, but I learned a lot. I learned more about anatomy obviously, but I think my perspective also evolved in a positive way over these first weeks of med school. There's a lot more to becoming a good physician than just memorizing the facts.
Thanks Emelia for donating your body to science so that I could learn. I'll forever be grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like the use of [ridiculous hours] studying. It is definitely best to avoid trying to quantify such things . . .
I liked that you counted and listed the number of your free meals! How funny. Seriously too, you goodbye and thanks to Emelia was touching. Can't believe what you have learned in 10 weeks!
Post a Comment